Thursday 29 November 2012

FURNITURE FETISH \\ Candle Holders

More Candle Candy...


"Crowd Candle Sticks" by Stockholm Designer David Taylor 

I know I have only just posted on candle holders, but then I remembered these super quirky little guys and just had to do an extra feature on them. Spied on Dezeen in September, the Crowd Candlesticks, at any one time include 25-30 individually named candlesticks, including Angela, Sid and Kevin (top image, left to right). Taylor explains,"Pieces are replaced with new as they leave the group in a process of continual rejuvenation and reinvention". Such a cool concept; I so want one under my name, they remind me of little Bauhaus cupcakes, luckily they look to good to eat. Regarding materials he is, "using a full material pallet ... allowing each candlestick to have it’s own integrity, enabling it to stand alone or work together with any number of “colleagues". They all have so much personality, together or apart, they are always going to stand out in the 'crowd'.

No comments:

Post a Comment